[TYPO3-english] question about transferring typo3 site

tom typostudy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 10:07:17 CET 2012

Hi,

I am transferring a typo3 site from  site A(a.com) to site B(b.com), this
is how I did:
1. transfer all the folders and files to b.com.
2. import database to b.com.
3. edit localconf.php
$typo_db_username = ‘user_name’;        // Username of the newly created
database.
$typo_db_password = ‘password’;           // Password for newly created
database.
$typo_db_host = ‘new.host’;                     // New host.
$typo_db = ‘database_name’;                  // Newly created Database name.

After this, I test the site, on the frontend of site, there is one loggin
box which is for the registered user of the site, I logged in as an user,
but it went into my old site(a.com), not the new site(b.com), so what could
go wrong?

Thanks.

Tom