[TYPO3-english] Running TYPO3 on a NAS

Bas Heutink typo3 at weblicity.nl
Wed Dec 5 12:10:10 CET 2012

Hi!

A question. I would like to run several TYPO3 sites for test purposes
and 1 TYPO3 site for production on a private NAS server at home.

My problem is that I don't know which NAS to buy. The first NAS (
http://www.synology.com/products/spec.php?product_name=DS213&lang=enu#p_submenu
) has 512 MB RAM and the second NAS (
http://www.synology.com/products/spec.php?product_name=DS413&lang=enu#p_submenu
) has 1 GB RAM.

Should the TYPO3 websites run well on 512 MB RAM? Or should I have the 1
GB RAM NAS? The T3 websites I run are fairly simple and don't have
complex functionality. The production website doesn't have that many
visitors and does not have heavy images etc. The internet connection at
home is fine. I will also use the NAS for these purposes: FTP server,
mail server, network share to run video/audio on my media player.

Thanks and best regards,

Bas