[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 Extension Manager

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:07:43 CET 2012

Hi!

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> No, the point was to *not* re-implement all the features which are not
> related to extension management in a "normal" TYPO3 installation.

The question is: was it what people wanted or was it that somebody thought
people wanted? :)

Even when I do not work like a developer, I find the new EM limited. For
example, I cannot check if the extension was modified. This is needed in
live installations sometimes: to do a quick check for that. Also in the old
EM I just used Ctrl+F to look up through all installed exts. Here I have to
type and wait in the EM until it makers the result. It is not as fast as I
want it. It makes me think more than necessary about •how• to do it instead
of •what• to do.

In other words, I understood the intention of the devs. Implementation is
definitely better than a 4.6 EM but I still prefer the old 4.5 EM. It is
subjective and my preference could be due to the fact that I used old EM
for years. But it would be good to have a way to use the old EM instead of
new one.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member