[TYPO3-english] More information regarding this error might be available online

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Dec 2 20:07:12 CET 2012

Hi Andreas Becker,

Andreas Becker wrote:

> when you install the government package and no additional stuff an than
> this error appears.

This might be a bug in the government package then. Have you tried to
contact the maintainers?

> before I never heard about this file_list extension as I actually never
> used it.
me neither

> So it seems that an extension inside the government package is calling for
> this extension but it is not available in the package and if you have a
> look to the mailinglist you probably have realized that this error when
> calling the filelist module Version 6 pops up quite often.

I never saw this error in the mailing list before.

> IMHO Starter packages which actually should also help beginners should not
> have such problems at all.

If the world be be a perfect place ... all tales begin.

> The solution is quite simple - avoid using Introduction or Government
> package as they are to buggy and not well documented, better start using
> the WEC Packages as they work from scratch!

What has the Introduction Package to do with the Government Package?

Please stop advertising third party packages by spreading FUD over the
community supported work or I ask to remove you from the lists!

This is just really really insulting.

> To install an extension - here file_list - which hasn't been maintained
> since 2 years is for sure not a solution, even it will make the error
> message not popping up anymore!

Why not? If it still works ... it should come with the package through.

>> > What actually this information says? What for is it?
>> > Time by time we receive errors in TYPO3 installations and than the
>> > following message appears.
>> > Clicking on the "online" link leads you to the wiki and lots of empty
>> > pages - actually we found until now no page which really had
>> > information on it. i.e.
>> > http://wiki.typo3.org/Wiki/Exceptionv4/1270853878
>>
>> Go ahead and fill it if you have a solution for an exception.
> see above

???

> Wrong as the error message says that the extension is missing! so in
> LocalConfiguration.php you don't have an entry for file_list, therefore
> you don't need to remove anything but instead you need to install
> something - in this case "file_list" =/= attention it is not "filelist" as
> this extension is loaded and has to be loaded!

So if you know the solution, why are you spreading FUD by asking stupid
questions?

>> 1. it is an error (an exception) due to a misconfiguration from you
> Well I don't think so as it is a naked Government Package Installation.
Might, be ... then report is as bug and provide a fix.

>> 2. it is a wiki, so you can edit the text if you can provide some details
>> for others that might get an exception, so that they do not have to ask
>> again
>>

> If this exception is getting always to the same wiki page this might work,
> but above you are writing about the timestamp. Does this mean that if
> somebody has got now the same exception at another time he will be led to
> a new wiki page where he actually can't find the information I might have
> entered previously. Errors occur IMHO not always at the same time, so that
> the timestamp is probably not usable for this purpose!

Bullshit! The timestamp is unique number. It is just any unique number and
it is common sense to use the current timestamp while writing (==coding) the
exception, because it is rather unlikely that anyone else creates code for
an exception at the very same second.
As I wrote, core devs are not brain death zombies, and most likely there is
a reason why certain things are done certain ways.

> Well we usually don't use often the introduction or government package as
> they are much to buggy and usually to difficult for beginners to install.
> But with 6.0 we tried them again.
What is difficult to install?
Upload, Open in Browser, follow the wizard and open your page. There you
find instructions on how to open the backend.

> By the way this file_list error did
> first appear in the last packages.

Yes, you wrote that like three times in this mail now.

> Usually we are using the WEC Starter Packages or the Busy Noggin Package
> and both are working instantly and are well documented. Great for
> Beginners to start with TYPO3. As the new WEC Package isn't available
> right now and 6.0 has just been released, we thought using the Packages
> provided on t3o - what was "a waste of time" as our guests mentioned.

Don't expect a bug free version with a .0 release. This does never happen.
Some people (including me, but much more Oliver) have worked hard to release
working packages. It might be that there are bugs, then please report them.

Either help by providing detailed information in bug reports or solution as
change requests or just shut up. This is all volunteer work!

> Anyway we try to avoid those t3o packages I guess for the next time until
> they are much more mature.
Do whatever you want, but do not advertise those other mature (although not
even release yet) packages inside the community lists then.

As long as you only want to be destructive, just go away. We do not need you
here.

Sincerely
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!