[TYPO3-english] More information regarding this error might be available online

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Dec 2 13:45:24 CET 2012

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Becker wrote:

> What actually this information says? What for is it?
> Time by time we receive errors in TYPO3 installations and than the
> following message appears.

Well, it means exactly what it says. If you are lucky, you may find further
information about this error in the wiki.

All exceptions in the core have a unique exception number (the UNIX
timestamp at writing the exception).
This is used to generate a unique link to the wiki.

The nature of a wiki, especially mediawiki like used for wiki.typo3.org and
wikipedia is that you can a unique page per URL and you can enter
information at any URL even if the page does not yet exist.

> Clicking on the "online" link leads you to the wiki and lots of empty
> pages - actually we found until now no page which really had information
> on it. i.e.
> http://wiki.typo3.org/Wiki/Exceptionv4/1270853878

Go ahead and fill it if you have a solution for an exception.

> In this case in a government package installation for testing and
> demonstration.
>
> The complete message in this case is:
>
>> Oops, an error occurred!
>>
>> TYPO3 Fatal Error: Extension key "file_list" is NOT loaded!
>>
>> More information regarding this error might be available
>> online<http://typo3.org/go/exception/v4/1270853878> .
>>
> It appears after calling a folder i.e. "templates" which exists under
> fileadmin.
> A look into the extension manager tells you that the file_list module is
> loaded and you can check also in the new localConfiguration.php file.
>
> Here it says 'filelist' => 'a:0:{}',
>
> 'file_list' does not exist and we don't know why the error pops up in the
> backend when 'file_list' is actually a frontend plugin.

So what is your problem. TYPO3 detects that you are trying to call something
inside a plugin folder that does not exits.

That happens if you install an extension and then remove it on the server
without uninstalling it inside the extension manager.

Just remove the extension key inside LocalConfiguration.php

> We did a search on t3o with 5649 extensions and found the extension key
>
> 'file_list' by Moreno Feltscher - January 30, 2010 (last update)
>> This extension provides a frontend plugin which shows a list of files and
>> folders in a specified directory on the file system (comparable to
>> Apaches directory listing).

So go ahead and import it into your installation.

> So back to the WIKI and its blank pages -
> http://wiki.typo3.org/Wiki/Exceptionv4/1270853878
>
> What for is it and what information should you be able to get here?
> How can the blank pages be improved? i.e. is there a way to enter
> information or at least some information about the error itself and where
> and how it appeared.

1. it is an error (an exception) due to a misconfiguration from you
2. it is a wiki, so you can edit the text if you can provide some details
for others that might get an exception, so that they do not have to ask
again
3. you can edit it via the edit link that appears if you login
4. It is not a bugtracker, but wiki, so do not edit details of your error,
but the solution to solve the misconfiguration

> What should be the difference between this WIKI and the bugtracker?
see 4.

If you want those pages to contain more than a sample text, then go ahead
and full it with the information I gave you above.

Funny that you have to ask about an error you should have seen in the years
of working with TYPO3.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!