[TYPO3-english] Strange behaviour while saving records in Backend

Richard Davies richard at ocular.co.nz
Thu Aug 30 22:14:42 CEST 2012

Hi Paul,

I suspect you have somehow set your sortby field to shortname in
ext_tables.php. There are two different sortby variables:
        'default_sortby' => 'ORDER BY crdate',
        'sortby' => 'sorting',
Default_sortby is what the record is sorted by in the backend, while sortby
is different. When sortby is set, you can re-arrange your items and it will
save a numeric sortby value in that field. They also update when a field is
inserted, so that would be your issue.

Richard