[TYPO3-english] Strange behaviour while saving records in Backend

amadeo Marketing & Design - Paul Garais garais at amadeo-marketing.de
Thu Aug 30 15:17:27 CEST 2012

Hi everybody!

I have a strange problem and can't figure out, what the reason is: I have an extension, created with
extension kickstarter that worked fine for several month (as the other extensions, created by me or
others, do in this installation of Typo3).
My extension has several different record-types und some of them are connected through table
relations. Some of these record-types has a field called "shortname". Every time I edit a record and
save it, everything is fine. But if I create a new one and save it, all records of this type are
changing ... the field "shortname" has only numbers in it (most of them are multiple of 256). Any
ideas how it could happen that this specific field for all records is getting changed after creating
a new one? As mentioned above, the extension where created with extension kickstarter and since then
no changes where made.
The Typo3 version is 4.5.18. There is no function made by which is called for processing the records
– just the standard behaviour for records.

Thanks for your help!

- Paul