[TYPO3-english] login error no such workspace defined

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Aug 29 22:19:42 CEST 2012

Hi Éric,

> It is very strange!  At random times, a user contacts me about login
> error... it seems that their profile gets corrupted and they get the
> message "no such workspace defined" at login! If I go in there
> profile and try to select "Edit Live (Online)" Workspace, Typo3
> refuses to save the modification...
>
> As I cannot get the profile working, I have to delete it and create a
> new one!

I had this too recently for the first time. I solved it by clearing the
user's temporary data (which you can do - as an admin - from your
account), by going to User Settings, choosing the "Admin functions" tab
and selecting the problematic user in the "Simulate backend user"
drop-down, then pressing the "Clear Temporary Data" button.

HTH

--

Francois Suter