[TYPO3-english] FED/Flux page template problems

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Mon Aug 27 08:59:45 CEST 2012

Hi Dominic,

I couldn't get the page rendering feature of FED to work and reverted
back to fluidtemplate and gridelements this weekend. My major problem
with gridelements is that I did not find a way to generate markup for
one content section depending on another one within the same grid
element (like in a two column subgrid, where column two depends one the
existence of column one). The documentation is kind of very basic. Maybe
I didn't try hard enough during my first approach.
Meanwhile I found this huge thread
(http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-dev/2011-May/043180.html) which
is kind of frightening me. Currently TYPO3 seems like a super tanker
filled with next generation fuel which will not reach is destination
because a lack of old fashioned Diesel.

Regards,

Thomas