[TYPO3-english] Minification for JavaScript files

Chris Müller mueller at cyperfection.de
Mon Aug 27 08:19:44 CEST 2012

Hi Steffen,

but there is a method "t3lib_div::minifyJavaScript() which does the
minification. Also this function is called in
t3lib_PageRenderer::doCompressJavaScript(). So this should work, or I am
wrong?

I'm having the same problem, no minification occurs. But the
documentation of config.compressJs doesn't mention the minifying, just
the gzip'ing. So it seems that this should not work.

There is a ticket on forge: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/33370
which describes this issue.

Regards,
Chris.