[TYPO3-english] FED/Flux page template problems

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Fri Aug 24 08:30:21 CEST 2012

Hi Dominic,

> Hi Thomas,
>
> this sounds all pretty weird for me. I never stumbled over
> installation problems on a very fresh installation.
>
> The problem with the fedexample is, that its not always in sync with
> the whole featureset of fed/flux. I would rather try the own extension
> creation and activate all features you need by adding it into your ts
> setup and file structure.

That's what I did. My first approach was building up my own extension
and following the page template tutorial on the website step by step.
All TS settings from my own setup.txt worked from the very beginning
(and so did all TS settings from the fedexample extension). When it
comes to rendering, both versions behave the same. They mix up the TS
settings with the fallback template.
The BE seems to be ok on first view, since I can select the template on
the root page, but if I set the same layout for "this page" and for
"subpages" on the root page, I get a fatal error.

Later on I compared fedexample with all the steps from the page template
tutorial, and everything seems to be exactly like in the tutorial (the
only difference is a basic Core.php Class in the fedexample extension -
I tried my own extension with and without this class, with same result).

Funny thing is: The FED version I installed from TER (4.7.5) is neither
mentioned on the website nor in the repository. What, if the problem
comes from the current FED (or Flux) version?

> But please don't hesitate to open up an issue on
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-fed/issues
> because your error is not readable and should not happen that way.
> Their people can help you out for sure.

I already posted a comment in the thread of another user having the very
same problem on the extension's forum. I usually don't post on the issue
tracker before I have a basic understanding of things happening.
I already spent more than 30 hours on this (very basic) problem, an
maybe I should revert to FLUIDTEMPLATE for the page template, which
worked like charm earlier.

Again. Thanks a lot for your help,

Thomas