[TYPO3-english] vge_tagcloud with tt_news / result list

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Aug 22 12:17:10 CEST 2012

Hi Stefan,

> I have a non-documented problem with the result list (pi2) of the
> extension vge_tagcloud. I use the tagcloud together with tt_news. The
> cloud is correctly generated from the "keyword"-field in the
> "tt_news"-table. When clicking on a tag, you'll get the result list. But
> the result list is only linking to the sysfolder "container news", where
> the news-articles are. The link doesn't work of course, because it's a
> sysfolder. The result list doesn't link to the specific single-views of
> the articles. Is there any possibility to solve this problem or do you
> know a workaround?

Actually it is documented ;-) Please refer to the chapter entitled
"Linking to tt_news and TIMTAB" which gives an example TypoScript setup.

The pi2 plugin is really meant to display results related to pages.
Since all your news are stored in the same page, the pi2 plugin is
useless in this case. This plugin has always been meant to a quick and
easy way to see results for pages, but it's quite obvious that it can't
handle every situation, since the tag cloud can be based on any table
the database.

With the above-mentioned example, you'll find out how you can link
directly from a tag in the tag cloud to some specific page to which you
can pass the appropriate parameters for that page to display the correct
information. In the example, the page is expected to display the search
view from tt_news.

HTH

--

Francois Suter