[TYPO3-english] Scaling transparent PNGs in TYPO3

Christian Lerrahn christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Tue Aug 21 09:37:54 CEST 2012

Hi,
I'm asking a question which has been asked before. However, I could not
find a satisfactory answer which also made sense in the context I'm
working in.

The problem I have is that when TYPO3 scales down a transparent PNG,
the alpha channels get messed up. After scaling, the transparent part is
only semi-transparent and there are speckles along the foreground's
edges.

The strange thing is that when I rescale the same file on the same
system with ImageMagick, I do not observe any such problems, no matter
if I use -geometry or -sample.

I've put up samples of scaled and unscaled images at
http://www.cerebrum.com.au/imagemagick-problems.html

I haven't out any effort into finding out what kind of options TYPO3
might be using with ImageMagick and how I could change those. I decided
that someone might have encountered this problem before and is able to
tell me what the problem is without further research.

Cheers,
Christian