[TYPO3-english] dmmjobcontrol is back from the dead

Kevin Renskers info at mixedcase.nl
Thu Aug 16 12:03:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

Many years ago I've created the dmmjobcontrol extension while working for DMM Development, in April 2007 to be precise. I've maintained the extension until June 2009, after which I left the company and colleagues took over. This resulted in 2 updates in 2010, after which the company was sold and the extension effectively abandoned.

Over the years I've received some bugresports for and questions about dmmjobcontrol, but I always replied that it's not my own personal extension, so I am not maintaining it. I am happy to report that I have changed my mind, seeing as DMM is no longer maintaining this extension, which still fulfills a need for many developers. Today version 2.5.0 was released, fixing a big bug with search and fixing compatibility with TYPO3 4.6 and 4.7.

I am convinced that there are more bugs and problems (I've heard about email problems) and I would like to invite everyone to file issues at the extension's new home at https://github.com/kevinrenskers/dmmjobcontrol. Feel free to fork the code, fix stuff and send a pull request as well.

As I don't work in the web development field anymore and never used PHP or TYPO3 since 2009, this is simply a hobby project for me, to keep it alive and working without bugs. I won't be actively developing new features though, so please get the source code and bring on the pull requests! :)

Cheers,
Kevin Renskers