[TYPO3-english] Learning templating

Andreas Becker cocopapa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 03:15:03 CEST 2012

If you need parts like breadcrumb , menues, date in header, lgon box etc, than install a typo3 dummy and than one of those yaml packages you'll find in ter. Afterwards you can copy paste what you need to your own design and site. It also takes about 1 hour until you get a working site with those packages.

If you want to have it much faster install the wec_starter package and than you have even templates for many extensions like news, you can reuse skins which you can download from Ter and you can switch them veryeasy or modify for your own template.

It will take about 15-20 minutes to install a complete working TYPO 3 webseite with wec_starter package. Afterwards again you can copy lots of code to your own design.

If you want to learn easily Typo3 than please use the available resources. it will take you about 1 day to install them all. All are free, but some like Yaml have special conditions!!! Or like introduction packages. But all of them provide you a whole lot of good examples in TYPOscript coding and templating. Learning by example is by far the best way - and the fastest.

Don't search any longer. Test out those sites and than get back if you have any further questiones.

Check the ter for YAML extensions.

Install each a seperate typo3
Most of them come along with a .t3d
One extension is called dbttv and holds a whole lot of example TS for configuring TYPO3

Search ter for skins for templavoila

Or go to demo.webempoweredchurch.org

Download wec_starter package or server package when you want to test on your laptop.

Multishop
Organiser
Quickshop

Those are extensions which install you in no time complete sites for special purposes incl templates example content and configurations. Here you can learn a lot about typoscript templating - the browser has lots of very very good tutorials

For the multishop you can find lots of video tutorials and they have a brilliant support like the one from typo3-browser.

Try it, Test it entirely, Start building your own composition. publish it. learning by doing!

Sent from my iPad