[TYPO3-english] extending livesearch in BE

Peter Jaraczewski peter at norvlit.de
Wed Aug 8 14:42:14 CEST 2012

Hi all,

is there a possibility to extend/override the functionality of
livesearch in BE? In a project of mine there are some fe_users which
usernames contain only integer values f.e. 106000 (which is a
corresponding customer number). Livesearch performs a search only on uid
and pid fields and on fields which TCA eval contains int.

My first try was to extend the eval with int by putting the following
line into extTables.php:

$GLOBALS['TCA']['fe_users']['columns']['username']['config']['eval'] =
'nospace,uniqueInPid,required ,int';

livesearch works as expected then, but this makes it impossible to have
usernames with strings as well :-/
So, how can i extend/subclass the livesearch to keep my project updateable?

Regards

Peter