[TYPO3-english] Learning templating

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Aug 8 13:43:16 CEST 2012

Hi Giuseppe,

Giuseppe wrote:

> Still looking for T3 to my projects.
>
> I saw some really great sites in t3blog.com and I was impressed bu a lot
> of them. One web I like a lot, is http://www.swarovski-elements.com/eshop
>
> Somebody can tell some guidance on how is builded the template?

The template is not about TYPO3, but about the HTML+CSS. Just analyze the
Website.

For integrating a template into TYPO3, please read the "Getting Started"
guide first which you can find in the documentation section of typo3.org.

There are also some old templating manuals which still work today. You may
also have a look into the Introduction Package which shows some best
practices.

Unfortunately there are no up-to-date templating guides in the documentation
section.

In general templating is driven by TypoScript which also lets you import
some raw HTML with marker to be replaced.
You can automate the generation of markers with automaketemplate or you can
use Fluid templates with the FLUIDTEMPLATE object.
You can also use some extension like templavoila or fed+flux to have an
alternative templating engine.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!