[TYPO3-english] Page in multiple menus - ACT and CUR state

Ulrich Witschass uw at geektech.de
Tue Aug 7 10:37:42 CEST 2012

Thank you,

I will try that one out!

I tried both CUR and ACT before to no avail.

I also noticed that my problem description was not entirely correct.

To illustrate it better:

Menu A (with the "real" pages in it):
.
.
Page X
.
.

Menu B (with the Shortcuts)
.
.
Shortcut to Page X
.
.

When a user clicks "Page X" ind "Menu A", CUR state is set to Page X in Menu A, but NOT to the shortcut in Menu B.

When a user clicks the shortcut to Page X in Menu B, CUR state is set to Page X in Menu A, and again NOT to the shortcut.

Basically, the system correctly identifies Page X as the current page, but ignores that the shortcut also leads to Page X and does NOT set it to CUR state.

To be honest this, I don't even think this is a bug or anything, but the customer demands that ALL links in the menus are highlighted, and doesn't care about "pages", "shortcuts" etc.

Currently I have fixed it with a rather "ugly" (I suppose) trick:

I run a jquery function which loops through all anchors in Menu B, inspects their href, and if it leads to the same page as the current page, adds the needed css class.
To quote Mr. Beeblebrox: A million points in style, minus a million in good thinking ;) (plus it breaks when javascript's disabled)

I will try your suggestion and report back!

regards

tuo

GeekTech - Ulrik Witschaß
Webdesign - Softwareentwicklung - ColorManagement

Mail: uw at geektech.de
Tel: 06204 918 921

Jahnstraße 16a
68519 Viernheim, Deutschland

Diese Nachricht ist nur für den vorgesehenen Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfänger dieser E-Mail und ihres Inhalts sein oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, bitten wir Sie, den Absender unverzüglich darüber zu informieren und diese Nachricht und all ihre Anhänge vollständig von Ihrem Computer zu löschen. Jede Form der unbefugten Nutzung, Veröffentlichung, des Kopierens oder der Offenlegung des Inhalts dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Bitte denken Sie über Ihre Verantwortung gegenüber der Umwelt nach, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken.

This message is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message and its content or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all its attachments. Any form of unauthorized use, publication, copying or disclosure of the content of this e-mail is prohibited.

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this mail.