[TYPO3-english] safe unix permissions for typo3

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Aug 4 10:06:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 4-8-2012 8:21, la_vicci at arcor.de wrote:
> I completly fucked up the permissions of my server, better don't ask
> me why. So could someone link or provide a list with information
> about which folder and files should have which permission to have a
> safe(!) and running typo3 cms, please? :(

Let's assume these users and groups:
- vicci (your username)
- viccigroup (your group)
- apache (web server username)
- www (web server group)

vicci is root or has sudo rights. The following settings should do the
trick:

fileadmin, typo3conf, typo3temp, uploads (and subdirectories):
0770 user:vicci group:www

typo3_src-x.y.z (and subdirectories): 0755 user:vicci group:viccigroup

.htaccess : 0644 user:vicci group:viccigroup

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!