[TYPO3-english] Active Link in Menu When Viewing Home Page

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Wed Aug 1 08:16:17 CEST 2012

Hi Chanda,

the way I do it that I create shortcut to the root page labeled Home, so
it would appear in the menu. Then to make it active on the homepage, I add

alwaysActivePid = XXX

to the definition of the menu. And then I add template on next level,
where I remove it

alwaysActivePid >

It may not be the best way, but it works. Maybe someone will come up
with something better.

Regards

Jan