[TYPO3-english] Moving site to new server

Lee M. Childress lchildress at porterco.org
Mon Apr 16 16:47:40 CEST 2012

I am currently using version 4.4.0 of Typo3. Recently our server had issues and now the site is acting a little goofy and I want to move the site to a more stable server (IIS to Linux). Although I don't believe any files of Typo3 are corrupt I would like to do a fresh install and then move the mysql database to the new computer. I know that I will need to move /fileadmin but are any other files from the original server needed to be moved? Just for reference, the issue I am having is anytime you make a change and submit it, the server throws a 500 Error, but the change is still made. Additionally I am unable to delete any pages.

Once this change is made, I want to update Typo3. I see 4.5 is for long term. Should I stick with 4.5 or go to 4.6? I'm not sure of the difference. Sorry for my ignorance.

PORTER COUNTY GOVERNMENT
Lee M. Childress
Information Technologies and Service
Systems Support