[TYPO3-english] LDAP Authentication

Matt Janus janus76uk at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:00:55 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I am planning a new site that will allow FE users to login and access
specific parts of the site and was looking at using LDAP
authentication against active directory. I have tested simple LDAP
authentication and this is working fine. I do have an issue with who
can login. At the moment anyone with an account in AD can login, but I
would like to restrict this to a list of specific users. Some of the
LDAP extensions I have looked at allow you to do this by AD Group
membership. However, this is not appropriate for this site, and I do
not have access to create new groups in AD.

My question is, is there a way to restrict access to a list of users,
either by checking against a simple list stored in a file (od DB) or
by creating dummy FE users with only their username. If the user
exists (in the list or as a FE user) then authenticate against AD and
pull in the rest of there details?

Any help and advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Matt