[TYPO3-english] Mobile detection in pure TS

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Apr 12 17:04:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 12-4-2012 16:31, Éric Thibault wrote:
> I want to use de devise condition in Typo3 to redirect visitors of a
> particular page to its mobile version…
>
> The conditions I use don’t work at all! The browser conditions
> function correctly but devise not!

The conditions check the User Agent string that the device sends for
certain keywords. It might be the case that some of the newer devices do
not send this information any more, but just behave like "normal" browsers.

Even though many people might want a special "mobile" website it's
probably better to make the "normal" website usable for a wide range of
devices. Mobile devices are better at displaying websites and there is
already a wide range of resolutions in desktop, laptop, tablet,
smartphone, etc. devices.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team member