[TYPO3-english] New typo3.org extension repository

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Fri Apr 6 11:55:15 CEST 2012

Dear Victor,

yes, there is still some trouble with this complex part, which clearly
shows that typo3.org isn't only a web site, but an incredible complex
system, which connects basically everything with everything.

The TER was one of the major headaches during the relaunch, as it's not
only complex, but also the people who started working didn't have any
time anymore during last weeks/months. Therefore others had to take over
(see the Fields of Responsibility:
http://typo3.org/projects/typo3-org/themaintenanceconcept/).

That also explains, why a lot of the wished features aren't implemented,
yet (like a better search and so on). One of the things, which will
probably changed very soon is showing the last upload comment, as this
was frequently wished.

Honestly, I don't know, why new uploads don't appear. I have now a few
minutes to have a look again, which files changed in the TER itself
since last night. Maybe that gives me a first insight, what's missing
and what's working.

Other than that you can be sure that the people in charge of the TER
(the company HDNET) will give their best to fix this ASAP.

So far, stay tuned. The things you reported are already known (I just
don't know, why there's no issue for 2. in
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-t3o-relaunch-week)

Kind regards
Steffen

- --
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks