[TYPO3-english] image upload of pdf file

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Apr 6 06:48:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 5-4-2012 23:16, Peter Kühnlein wrote:
> Am 05.04.2012 23:01, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> On 5-4-2012 21:48, Yordan Ivanov wrote:
>>> I bought a new hosting and now it allows me only GIF JPG JPEG .
>>> Where can I give allowance to upload PDF files for instance?
>>
>> Check the Install Tool:
>> [GFX][imagefile_ext] = gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,tiff,bmp,pcx,tga,png,pdf,ai
>>
> won't work jigal.
> i tried during the last 3 or 4 installations. GM or IM are f*ed up.

Then I must have misinterpreted "allow". TYPO3 doesn't know which file
types work with GM/IM in your installation. It takes this list as the
list of extensions for image fields.

See for example the tca.php in tt_news:

'image' => Array (
   'exclude' => 1,
   'l10n_mode' => $l10n_mode_image,
   'label' => 'LLL:EXT:lang/locallang_general.php:LGL.images',
   'config' => Array (
     'type' => 'group',
     'internal_type' => 'file',
     'allowed' => $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['GFX']['imagefile_ext'],

This uses the Install Tool setting to determine which extensions are
allowed in this file selector field.

If you can select other file types but they can't be used (i.e. no
thumbnails in backend rendered, no images in frontend), it's best to
check the graphics rendering tests in the Install Tool. There you can
easily see which image types can be read, written, modified, etc.

With TYPO3 4.6 we (finally) dropped support for really old versions of
IM. You need IM 6.x or GM. I personally prefer GM because in general it
has less annoying bugs, performs better and needs less resources. I must
say that recent versions of IM contain a lot of improvements.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!