[TYPO3-english] Crawler Configuration and protected content

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:30:16 CEST 2011

Hi!

Russel Anderson wrote:
> I manage a Typo3 website for an NGO that uses about 2 dozens of frontend
> groups for about 3,000 frontend users. Consequently they have close to
> 50 frontend group combinations.
>
> I am currently trying to setup indexed_search & crawler and it is my
> understanding that the content must be crawled with all feuser
> combinations so that all users can get fairly the same search results [1].

Correct.

> I don’t know how to configure indexed_search/crawler to fit all those
> profiles. I mean, I want to avoid creating 50 crawler configuration
> records in tree’s root (will result in astronomical crawler queue). As a
> side note, I use sr_feuser_register to register all my users so they all
> belong, at least, to a base group called "feuserapproved". I would be
> satisfied that all users belonging "at least" to this group could see
> all the content reserved for this group. Is it possible to achieve that
> with indexed_search/crawler?
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion/workaround to this problem?

This is possible only with extra programming. There is an extension for
that. When installed, it makes possible "userGroups = all" and
automatically builds a proper list for the crawler. The only problem is
that the extension is not public.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member