[TYPO3-english] Crawler Configuration and protected content

Russel Anderson dkages at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:43:22 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

I manage a Typo3 website for an NGO that uses about 2 dozens of frontend
groups for about 3,000  frontend users. Consequently they have close to
50 frontend group combinations.

I am currently trying to setup indexed_search & crawler and it is my
understanding that the content must be crawled with all feuser
combinations so that all users can get fairly the same search results [1].

I don’t know how to configure indexed_search/crawler to fit all those
profiles. I mean, I want to avoid creating 50 crawler configuration
records in tree’s root (will result in astronomical crawler queue). As a
side note, I use sr_feuser_register to register all my users so they all
belong, at least, to a base group called "feuserapproved". I would be
satisfied that all users belonging "at least" to this group could see
all the content reserved for this group. Is it possible to achieve that
with indexed_search/crawler?

Does anyone have a suggestion/workaround to this problem?

Regards,

Russel

---
[1] On this topic, see Xavier’s excellent article:

http://xavier.perseguers.ch/tutoriels/typo3/articles/indexed-search-crawler.html#c868

Particularly the Protected Content section which says: “you have to
provide a Crawler Configuration for each and every subset of user groups
you have”