[TYPO3-english] LDAP authorization for backend

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Wed Sep 28 10:02:28 CEST 2011

Hey,

On 09/23/2011 12:36 PM, horace grant wrote:
> what extensions are suited for this? i looked at eu_ldap, ldap_auth and
> ldap_authorization. eu_ldap always seems to synchronize all data, ldap_auth
> seems to be very old and the manual isn't very detailed and
> ldap_authorization seems to only support the frontend.

I don't know the other extensions, but about the triple of ldap_lib,
ldap_server and ldap_auth:

They are obviously unsupported, but should basically still work. I've
used them for years for private systems, and applied some patches/hacks
to make them work with rsaauth and fixed some details. So: If you know
what you are doing it should be possible to get them up and running.
I've reviewed them for my company some weeks ago again and started
hacking on them. After a short while I decided that the coding does not
apply to our in-house standard anymore and it is too much work to fix
them without breaking changes.
I've now started hacking on a new ldap auth extension, goal is a
straight forward BE authentication extension that re-uses some ideas
from the three extensions but with better code. I want to have the
extension ready for deployment withing the next three (max. 4) weeks and
could add it to forge if people are interested.

Regards
Christian