[TYPO3-english] RealURL: is there an invalidation process for unique aliases?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:17:55 CEST 2011

Hi!

François Suter wrote:
> This may lead to displaying a blank page, whereas it would make more
> sense to trigger a 404 error (if so configured) as when an alias is not
> found.

There is a 'enable404forInvalidAlias' option for cases if alias is given
but it is not cached. When the alias is cached, RealURL will decode and
pass cached alias to the rest of the TYPO3. It is a responsibility of the
corresponding extension (like tt_news) to handle references to non-existing
records. Extensions may choose to produce a 404 page or a search page or
redirect to something else. It is beyond ReaURL scope to decide what to do
in such case.

In my extensions I call $GLOBALS['TSFE']->pageNotFoundAndExit('... does not
exist.') in such cases.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member