[TYPO3-english] back end path

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Sat Sep 24 17:30:25 CEST 2011

Hi Girmangus,

Girmangus Hailu wrote:

> I want to change the back end  typo3/ to protect from direct access from
> any computer. i want to change the the typo3/index.php to other path so
> that only who knows the correct path can try to login.

As said by Jigal, this is not a good idea.

Most easiest solution is properly to use a .htaccess file to forbitt access
to the /typo3/ subpath and to use another subdomain to access the backend.

However this is only security though obscurity which is not very good. (IMHO
this is no security at all.)

Best you can do is to restrict access to a limited number of IP ranges. You
may also use http auth, but I don't think this really helps compared to the
RSA TYPO3 Login.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe