[TYPO3-english] Problem with tt_news items and Realurl

Jochem Nabuurs jochem.nabuurs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 20:42:34 CEST 2011

Hi List,

in one of our sites I've discovered the following:

When copying a tt_news item, and editing it afterwards, the url to the new
(copied) item is not created from the new title, but instead it contains the
old title, appended with "copy" or "copy-n"

So an existing news item with the title "a new message" will have the
following as its url:

/countries/germany/a-new-message.html

while a copied item with the title changed to "copied message" will have the
following as its url:

/countries/germany/a-new-message-copy-1.html

I can't seem to find the cause of the problem. Can anybody help me with
this?
Thanks in advance.

Jochem