[TYPO3-english] gridview backend layout fields conflict with templavoila?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 17 11:43:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 16-9-2011 3:38, Mark Roemermann wrote:
> Hi List, are the gridview backend_layout and templavoila intended to be
> mutually exclusive?
[...]
> Where I expect to see a 'page layout' heading containing the 'Backend
> Layout (this page only)' and 'Backend Layout (subpages of this page)'
> dropdowns, I instead see only the 'frontend layout' & 'use template
> design' fields (which are empty and seem related to templavoila).

In TYPO3 4.5 and higher it is possible to replace existing form
elements. Templavoilà uses this feature to replace the backend layout
selectors with the TV template selectors.

If you have an installation with both TV pages and 'normal' templated
pages (e.g. multiple trees for separate sites, one uses TV and another
uses automaketemplate) you will use the option "Enable the classic Page
module [enable.oldPageModule]" in the Extension Manager.

If this option is enabled I would expect the BE layout selectors to be
usable.

I filed a bug report with a patch [1]

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=18279

--