[TYPO3-english] ['columns'][fieldname]['config'] / TYPE: "check"

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 17 08:43:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 17-9-2011 0:20, Sergey Alexandrov wrote:
> Looking at
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.3.0/view/4/2/#id2522174
>
> "... You can have between 1 and 10 checkboxes ... "
>
> Does anybody knows why 10 is the limit? If 10, then it takes at least 2
> bytes, because each check-box allocates 1 bit, but if it's true, the
> limit should be 16 (2 bytes) , not 10 ....

I couldn't find a hard limit in the code of the current version. I can
only speculate about historic reasons.

> I've created this way 11 check-boxes (don't need more as for now :) and
> seems like it works fine ... or I could have some issues in the future?

If the documentation says that there is a maximum of 10 then this value
will be used if for some reason a maximum is needed. If for example the
rendering of the checkboxes is changed or the storage is handled
differently then this maximum will be supported.
If you have more checkboxes then it's uncertain what the effects will be.

 From a usability point of view ten checkboxes is already a lot. A
different field type might be easier to handle by BE users.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.