[TYPO3-english] ttnews or T3BLOG

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Fri Sep 16 12:45:49 CEST 2011

Hi Jaco,

thanks for your work.

what should be mentioned is also the framework underneath. With fluid,
you don't need e.g. an extra hook to add many stuffs but you can just
use your viewhelpers.

> NEWS
> I see some good Usability design here to simplify for basic
> editors/clients -

indeed this was very important for me. I needed to look at tt_news in
last week and didn't get it running..the plugin is so filled with things
I don't understand,

> but not yet so feature rich (social media integration/
> forum integration)

please be fair and compare the basic extension and not some other
extensions which extend tt_news or so.

news got all social buttongs like FB, twitter and so on integrated by
default.

Please also look at the last release in TER.

to the other points of the excel:

- tagcloud: tags are available, not yet a tagclout. tt_news e.g. doesn't
got tags
- realurl: works fine
- category icons: can be done
- own markers can be achieved by extending the extension or viewhelpers
- what do you mean with widgetsß
- automatic archiving after n days > possible
- cahcing + indexing: default caching
- direct preview: included
- versioning + workspaces: included with support of extbase
- Context sensitive help: included
- xml feed supported

georg