[TYPO3-english] Do workspaces/workflows only work with access to default language?

roberto blanko robertoblanko at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:01:48 CEST 2011

Hello fellow TYPO3 enthusiasts,

I've got an international website which uses the one-tree-principle together
with specific domains per language. Each language (or country) has it's own
backend editors. Each country has its own workspace. A country editor cannot
publish changes directly but has only access to his countries draft
workspace and has to submit all changes to the headquarter in Germany. They
decide what goes from the country workspace into the live one.

So lets say, I've got an Italian editor. He has access to the Italian
language only. And he has only access to the Italy workspace. The problem:
He can edit and save his language in the workspace but once he clicks on the
workspace module in TYPO3's backend he cannot see his changes to submit them
to the HQ. The Italy workspace's list of changes remains empty.

The HQ, which has access to all languages including the default one, can see
the changes in the Italian workspace. After some time of research I found
out that this seems to be connected to the default language. Once I give the
Italian the right to edit the default language he can see his Italian
changes in the Italian workspace to submit them. However, this cannot be the
solution because HQ does not want the Italians to edit the default language
which corresponds to the German HQ website.

So is this a bug? Or did I miss something out?

Help would me very appreciated!
Roberto