[TYPO3-english] ttnews or T3BLOG

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Fri Sep 16 11:55:56 CEST 2011

I hope this attachment work - but I have compared basic "claimed" features
of the following systems
(alternatively download excel from:
http://www.spacexplorer.co.za/examples/compareTypo3NewsSystems.xlsx
)

1. t3blog
2. wec discussion
3. news (new fluid based extension by Georg Ringer)
4. ttnews3

I want
1. news
2. blog
3. discussion/forum

if I can find an extension that best integrates with all options and rest of
typo3 then I will go for that

categories could operate to distinguish between a news-category, blog-cat,
forum-cat -> if styling van be slightly different depend on parent category
NOTES:
WEC
I do not understand the full power of WEC - discussion - it has good social
tools - If a post can be edited like a regular typo3 content element (text
with images, etc) then it could be powerful to use for all my purposes
(news, blog, discussion)
NEWS
I see some good Usability design here to simplify for basic
editors/clients - but not yet so feature rich (social media integration/
forum integration)
T3Blog
look very promising for all 3 - don't know strength of forum and integration
of the forum/comment system with other parts of typo3  (e.g. products)
if I have to implement a different forum/discussion anyway to enable on
other parts of typo3 will be duplication of effort and not seamless for
end-user

I love features like gravatar
TTNEWS
concern -  last update 2009??, not strong forum integration??

using a 3rd part forum/discussion board could be advantage = integration
with other plugins as well if necessary (e.g. products)

any comments

thx

Jaco