[TYPO3-english] ads management

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Fri Sep 16 08:54:20 CEST 2011

What is the best ads management solution for typo3??

A while back openads.org was mentioned through the Openads tags extension -
last updated 2007  - and the openads.org website is not loading is not

http://www.openx.com/ was also mentioned as the successor of openads -
through the oblady_openx extension - but going to their home-page all I see
is a very basic layout - although there is fresh content

both these solutions manages ads outside of typo3 - and only display the
links from their respective service
"Offers 3 types of rendering: Javascript, Iframe or DHTML"

Is this still the best solution

Ideally I want my client to do all through one backend: Typo3

but if Typo3 has no integrated solution for ads-management...

I am looking for the following features:
1. enable ads - obviously upload etc...
2. set ads rotation
3. Ads as image banners and as text with image
4. click-through rates
5. different ad categories so that different pages/groups can see different

thanks

Jaco