[TYPO3-english] gridview backend layout fields conflict with templavoila?

Mark Roemermann mark at nasaustralia.com.au
Fri Sep 16 03:38:10 CEST 2011

Hi List, are the gridview backend_layout and templavoila intended to be
mutually exclusive?

I have upgraded an existing TYPO3 4.4.9 install to 4.5.6 and have an
existing site within it that uses tempavoila and Ron's TV framework.

I just imported a t3d that is not TV based and has gridview records and
would like to use the backend layout selector for this site.

However, when editing the page properties I don't see any fields for
choosing the backend layout under the Appearance tab.

Where I expect to see a 'page layout' heading containing the 'Backend
Layout (this page only)' and 'Backend Layout (subpages of this page)'
dropdowns, I instead see only the 'frontend layout' & 'use template
design' fields (which are empty and seem related to templavoila).

Comparing the tools->configuration->$TCA between this upgrade and a
fresh 4.5.6 (with no TV) install it appears that the [backend_layout]
definitions all match, but the [pages][palettes][layout][showitem] is
different.

In my upgrade with the missing fields it is:

layout;LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_tca.xml:pages.layout_formlabel,
newUntil;LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_tca.xml:pages.newUntil_formlabel,
--linebreak--, tx_templavoila_to;;;;1-1-1, tx_templavoila_next_to;;;;1-1-1

In the fresh install it is:

layout;LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_tca.xml:pages.layout_formlabel,
newUntil;LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_tca.xml:pages.newUntil_formlabel,
--linebreak--,
backend_layout;LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_tca.xml:pages.backend_layout_formlabel,
backend_layout_next_level;LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_tca.xml:pages.backend_layout_next_level_formlabel

So TV overrides the backend layout...

Editing the backend layout fields in the pages table directly still has
an effect, however I just miss the selector when TV is installed.

This is where I run out of knowledge, is there a way to use both TV on
some domains and automake+gridview on others in one single install - say
with TSconfig?.

Thanks for any help.

MarkR