[TYPO3-english] typoscript multi-column mega-menu

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Tue Sep 13 10:07:34 CEST 2011

I decided to use jquery in the meantime:

jquery has a great :even :odd extension that allows me to access even/odd
objects

I just cut odd DIV content out and paste it into their previous DIV

$("#main-nav .main-nav-dd.rows2 .main-nav-dd-column:even").each(function ()
{
          $(this).next().contents().detach().appendTo($(this));
    $(this).next().remove();

});

a solution with typoscript might be selecting the page tree from object
index 0 and limit to 2 and
then duplicate ">" the code and create another menu selecting from object
index 2 and again limit to 2 items, and so on...

I can do this x-times depending on how large I think my menu will grow in
the future - but this is not a clean solution