[TYPO3-english] RTE doesn't load in safari 5.1. - even after applying patch

Martin Spencer ms at dreimorgen.com
Mon Sep 12 16:20:54 CEST 2011

Hello!

There is a bug in the default RTE. In Safari 5.1 (both Mac and Windows) it stops at the initial loading graphic and doesn't display the editor input field at all.
(source: http://www.tomsdongle.com/blog/preview/article/typo3-rte-bug-safari-51-lion/)

Now there has been a patch to this bug, which causes the RTE UI (buttons etc.) to load, but not the textarea itself. I've been unable to find any reference to this problem and would be very glad of any help.
(screenshot after applying the patch: http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3427/screenshot01nx.png)

Cheers!
Martin

PS: Yes, I've tried clearing the chaches.