[TYPO3-english] Shortcut page type & multi-lang. site

Sergey Alexandrov serg at alexandrov.us
Mon Sep 12 00:12:21 CEST 2011

Guys,

I'm sure I'm missing something in config: let's say we have 2-lang.
site, English (default), Spanish (1). Pages tree:

Top page (shortcut to the first sub-page)
     - Page 1 (English only, no Spanish translation yet)
     - Page 2 (Both languages)

By setting
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['hidePagesIfNotTranslatedByDefault'] = '1'
in localconf.php 'Page 1' become hidden in Spanish - and and that's how
it should be, but if I click on the 'Top page' in the menu, it gives me
an error "Page is not available in the requested language"
Well, doesn't it suppose to redirect me to the 'Page 2' in Spanish and
'Page 1' in English?

Q: what did I miss in config?

Thank you!