[TYPO3-english] Question about next/prev navigation

Michael Cannon mc at aihr.us
Sat Sep 10 21:15:53 CEST 2011

Jeff,

Looking back at a 2008 install of mine, I find that I had used the following for section navigation.

--
lib.internalnav < plugin.tx_gsipagenav_pi1

[treeLevel = 1]
  lib.internalnav.special {
    prev.fields.title = Previous section
    next.fields.title = Next section
  }
[end]
--

In reading the gsipagenav code, it seems that the problem is that TYPO3's getMenu() doesn't return the following section pid when you're at the bottom of another section.

What I'm figuring is that in gsipagenav, it'd be possible to add more PHP to pull the parent's getMenu() in addition to the current page's getMenu() and have your follow-on section returned as well.

Luck!

--
Michael Cannon
President, Aihrus