[TYPO3-english] TEXT / HTML object changes single quotes into double ones

Urs Bräm info at ursbraem.ch
Sat Sep 10 14:07:33 CEST 2011

>> ... but who needs XHTML anyway!
>
> I'd say that if you use proper extensions, you should not have any need
> to "fix" the output afterwards. I'm using strict XHTML since a very long
> time and I don't really have any problem with the plain output.

I agree, I wasn't being ironic. What I meant with "who needs XHTML" was
that I am happily using HTML5 with a little help by the HTML5
boilerplate extension. Also, I'm not so much into validation, I think it
should be a helpful tool than a goal by itself.

I do use sourceoptimizer and scriptmerger though for post-processing,
and they work fine.

Regards
Urs

--