[TYPO3-english] TEXT / HTML object changes single quotes into double ones

James Walters james at theoldchapel.nu
Thu Sep 8 16:09:30 CEST 2011

On 8 Sep 2011, at 13:23, Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> Hi Urs,
>
>> I found it. "xhtml_cleaning = all" was set in the config.
>> That messed up the js.
>>
>> This seems to be a longstanding issue, according to
>> http://www.google.ch/search?q=typo3+xhtml_cleaning
>>
>> ... but who needs XHTML anyway!
>
> I'd say that if you use proper extensions, you should not have any need to "fix" the output afterwards. I'm using strict XHTML since a very long time and I don't really have any problem with the plain output.
>
> Kind regards
>
> --
> Xavier Perseguers
> Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

I'm not sure I know what "proper extensions" are, Xavier, but I've just commented out of my TS setup the line: page.config.xhtml_cleaning = all to see what happens ... some of my links to bespoke stylesheets for extensions, e.g. irfaq and powermail, which are placed in the head after the title, lose their closing double quotes, which causes validation errors. These come back when I restore that line. Is that what you mean?

James