[TYPO3-english] TER

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Wed Sep 7 15:08:55 CEST 2011

While I appreciate that typo3 is voluntary, but why are there always so many
problems with the TER?

You find an extension one day, and the next it is gone, or searching for
something shows no results, even though you know that there must be at least
20 plugins that would match the search words you used.

There is a notice saying that the search functionality isn't working... but
that has been there for days/weeks/months... is anyone fixing the problems?

I have never seen problems like this with the word press plugin
repository... and wordpresss is blogging software... TYPO3 is supposed to be
enterprise ready and typo3.org hasn't got a repository that lets you find
anything... or things just disapear...

Maybe the ter should take googles approach and rename the repository search
button from "Search" to "I feel lucky" because luck is what you need if you
want to find anything there again.