[TYPO3-english] Changing translations in extensions using xml files

Sören Kracker s.kracker at kopfstand-mail.de
Wed Sep 7 11:53:33 CEST 2011

Hello,
I use felogin extension and want to change some strings there.
Sure I can do something like "LOCAL_LANG.de.ll_forgot_reset_message = my
message"
but the site has 10 languages and I need translations in xml files so
they can be translated by a translation office.
LOCAL_LANG doesn't support stdWrap and the strings are loaded from
extension's locallang.xml or translated xml files in l10n. If I change
those the changes will be overwritten on the next update.
I could also change the message using "forgotMessage_stdWrap.cObject"
but that changes the text for both ll_forgot_reset_message and
ll_forgot_reset_message_emailSent.
So how can you use your own xml files?