[TYPO3-english] Newbie - Some doubts

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 04:30:17 CEST 2011

Yep I know Phillip but unfortunately there is no Introduction Package for Templavoila ;-)

So instead of reinventing wheels it would very good if there would be at least a link list to all those very good - i would say excellent - tutorials and its videos on webempoweredchurch.org

This organization seems to have the manpower AND know how to write and produce good videos and why not using theirs :-)) instead of looking for aditional manpower to write tutorials in same quality for standard old way of templating which is more somethimg for coders than for designers or people who have no or not so much know how of php and ts at all.

I think the whole problem is that there is an easy way of templating which people use who are no coders but ie good tutorial writers and videomakers and ...

on the other site the Coders which often prefer the original way of coding templates but most of them dont know how to write tutorials so that a none coder will understand them.

IMHO with the framework for templavoila and good tutorials for it you would fit both worlds best.

And there could be a new combined start with extbase fluid tutorials especially for those aiming also to use TYPO3 5.0

Right now a simple link to the tutorials on the webempowered church website and there package would fit the needs of newbies who would like to learn TYPO3 and are missing tutorials for the intro package.

WEC and others like us who are using the framework for templavoila are already having what the intro package - which is a nice demo with one template - is missing.

Simply compate the introduction package demo to this here:

http://demo.webempoweredchurch.org

Ok it says "first church" but as templating gets handled in TYPO3 like 2 contrary religions this might be even ok or :-))

here you can choose different templates with one click which you can afterwards download from TER

You can use this package ( gpl 2 ) even as a company right the way without the fear of violating the license like at the introduction package ( cc )

you have living examples like No 1 extensions up and running in seconds  ready to fill in you content likecdescribed in their good tutorials

tt_news, mm_forum, timtab, cal, and especially realurl are working from start and newbies don't get frustrated by the steep learning curve in setting up those extensions. Instead they have a site up and running in no time and can learn by example.

Compared to this great material including packages, tutorials, lots of skins with different menus and looks and integration of extensions, the Introduction Package looks realy naked and legally complicated to use, as nice as it is, so the WEC Package is the way to go for any newbie who wants to learn more about TYPO3 without running in to legal questions about licensing and reuse of TS etc and best of it also those who lateron will go the traditional way of coding templates get trained when setting up TV framework skins - as this is made in easy understandable Typoscript like in the traditional way.

Andi

Sent from my iPhone