[TYPO3-english] Newbie - Some doubts

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Mon Sep 5 19:32:21 CEST 2011

Hi Phillip

Those are lots of code  books for those who like to close the book just
after opening it, Better would be a tutorial section like the wec provides
it in 1-2-3 step manor with videos and additional links i.e. to those "dry"
documentations and handbooks.

The best way learning and understanding TYPO3 is doing something with it.
working with it and often it starts with "playing" with it.

By the way the WEC Tutorials are very handy as they provide the videos for
most of their tutorials. With those videos even non english speakers can
understand lots of what has been talked about in the 1-2-3 step sections of
the tutorials using Google Translate.

This is our experience with developers in a country where english
proficiency is bad to worst and no TYPO3 literature beside the one we
translated meanwhile for internal use and of course the 100% translated
hints in Thai Backend is available.
They really appreciate the WEC Tutorial Videos!

There are so many companies producing Tutorial Videos in German perhaps they
could think about providing them also here on TER - as most of them are
meanwhile "OLD" lokking caused by the old backend style but still the TS
Parts remain the same. It would be a great way of those companies to give
something back to the community of newbies to TYPO3.

Andi