[TYPO3-english] Newbie - Some doubts

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Mon Sep 5 17:57:18 CEST 2011

Hi Guiseppe

One good tip to exist and work here in the TYPO3 Community Mailinglists.

NEVER give up trying to ask questions and even they are said to be dumm.
There is no question to be dumm to be asked!

Concerning your problems with TemplaVoila and CSS I don't understand where
there could be a problem. Perhaps could you explain it a bit more.

Again I suggest you try the wec package! As this is a site ready to start
with with lots of examples. Concerning your problems with the menus TS or
CSS or both you have here tons of example templates you can test and try and
compare.

Don't forget to backup with the click in wec_config

The way those menues get build is exactly the same way like in standard
templating - with TS and CSS.

This here is the Old Templating manual of the WEC before they were using the
framework for TemplaVoila

Good News: You can reuse all Menus described in here as is also in the new
templates! :-) Why reinventing wheels if they already exist.

A brilliant start for newbies in TYPO3 is this here:
http://webempoweredchurch.org/support/how-to-build-your-website/

Work it through step by step!

Perhaps afterwards you would like to test out more skins - go here:
http://webempoweredchurch.org/no_cache/support/help/tutorial/import_wec_skins_for_tv_framework/

If you have questions concerning any of the WEC Skins you usually get help
right the way ( especially as a newbie) here:
http://webempoweredchurch.org/support/forum/posts/skins/drop-down-menu-for-lights-out-skin/

Only those who ask will receive an answer.
If you will stop asking us here on the list, perhaps others will have the
same problems like you shortly after you keep quiet and shut up. This would
be no solution at all :-)

If you have time drop by :-) - This is no joke - simply come and we will
pick you up at the airport. Or look if you can find a User Group in your
Area. Which country are you in, perhaps we can help you to connect to people
who already work with TYPO3 in your area.

Andi