[TYPO3-english] l10nmgr, error Detected invalid characters in element when there is an exteral link in tt_news

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Mon Sep 5 16:59:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

I need to export a site for external translation. I have found the
extension l10nmgr, what works pretty nice.

But if I try to export tt_news records the XML files generats for some
records the following error:
<t3_skippedItem>
   <t3_description>Detected invalid characters in element</t3_description>
   <t3_key>52/tt_news/tt_news:NEW/1/52:bodytext</t3_key>
</t3_skippedItem>

Database and website = utf-8

I have been searching for the similarity.
If the bodytext of a tt_news records contains an external link the
record it's impossible to export the record to XML. If I remove the link
it works fine.
I kind of suspect that the error is triggert by the addition
external="1", because as far as I know this is invalid HTML.

class="external-link-new-window" title="titel"
external="1">www.domein.nl</a>

The trouble is that I can't test it. If I remove external="1" from the
HTML TYPO3 automaticly will add it.

Has anybody experience the same problem? And is it possible to somehow
remove the addtion external="1"?

--
kind regards,

Muriel le Pair